Friday, April 11, 2014

Revisiting the Past: November 13, 2005 5:23 PM


With graduation only a month away, I woke up last night clutching my stuffed dog Maxxwell tightly as I thought about my uncertain future after what has been my five year safety net (college) comes to an end. I'm a liberal arts major who's perfected critiquing other people's literary pieces of BS only to find that at the end of it all, I'm a jack-of-all trades who hasn't master one. Business majors learn to do business in our capitalistic world; Engineering majors learn to engineer...well, stuff; Education majors learn to teach others; but us liberal arts folks, well, we honestly learn to BS our way (I think) through whatever professors, employers and so call acquaintances place in front of us. We are "trained" to do this with impressive skills in manipulating the written language, twisting verbs like Am, Is, Was, Were, Be, Being, Been to meet our needs (or so we've come to believe). My advisor, a pure, genius in his own right, says that I can do just about anything with my degree. But now I'm worrying if this "anything" possibility will fulfill me, a person who still sleeps with a 9 year-old-stuffed animal.

*Revisiting the Past is my way to salvage my original blog "Finding My Way Back to Happiness". Created in 2005, that blog chronicled my thoughts and fears that came to fruition with the onset of my getting ready to graduate from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga. Each week, I'll reach back into time and share the transformation of me through my words, my reactions to life happening from 2005-2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment