Friday, April 11, 2014

36 Things I've Come To Know

1. I've come to realize that my chest is quite average but my hips and posterior are something else, or at least that’s what the mo thug said to me at me when I was at Walmart…sad.

2. I've come to realize that my job is just a job and I should stop trying to find some grand importance in it; unless I was giving insurance away, I’m not appreciated.

3. I've come to realize that when I'm driving, I need to watch my speed b/c I got a ticket on Labor Day; that no one dances better in the driver seat than me (e.g. You Can’t Touch This); XM Satellite Radio ROCKS!

4. I've come to realize that I need to take more time out to write down my thoughts instead of running my mouth all the time. Some people just aren’t ready for Carmenisms.

5. I've come to realize that I have lost…well, it’s difficult to say but let’s just say I’ve been holding back and that’s never happened before…lost the drive man…just lost it…

6. I've come to realize that I hate it when people underestimate the importance of trust and honesty in any relationship, when people are rude, and customers spell their last names to me when I clearly asked for a policy number (I know how to read).

7. I've come to realize that if I were to get intoxicated…man, there’s just no telling what would happen since I haven’t done that in ages.

8. I've come to realize that money is a necessity to take care of bills we’ve accumulated and eases some financial burdens and worries but in the end, you still can’t take it with you.

9. I've come to realize that certain people aren’t on your level and can’t be brought to it unless they come on their own; that some people, sadly, “will tear you down just to see you fall. They’ll do it even if your loss is their own.”

10. I've come to realize that I'll always be me the person that God created me to be and that I am enough.

11. I've come to realize that my sibling is wonderfully resilient woman! She is the ultimate prize for whomever that lucky and privileged man will be that wins her. Ms. Cutebanks is her name, Lol.

12. I've come to realize that my mama loves me in the way that no one else ever will; she’s supportive in her own way, does things that way she wants and isn’t changing for nobody, even me. Oh and if she was challenged to a “booty green” dance off, the other person would definitely lose (hee hee hee).

13. I've come to realize that my cell phone is great for everything else—texting, checking email, taking/sending photos, watching movies, organization—but not talkin...

14. I've come to realize that when I woke up this morning I was praisingHim and taking my time...

15. I've come to realize that last night before I went to sleep I was confused as ever about why people lie. Have we not learned anything?

16. I've come to realize that right now I am thinking about how good God really is, about how much FUN this weekend will be, about how I wish you were here and not so far away, and about how to talk MYC into doing the MC Hammer Flashdance!

17. I've come to realize that my dad wasn’t perfect but he was my dad, a brother, an uncle, a husband and I miss him more now than I ever have before. I hope he’s proud.

18. I've come to realize that when I get on Facebook I look forward to being connected to folks that I couldn’t possibly call or see on a regular basis.

19. I've come to realize that today is a wonderful day to remember to “Stay above the process. This has nothing to do with you. So don’t internalize it.” So, I need to get over myself and stop trippin’ w/God. He’s got this and constantly reminds us (especially ME) this every day. “

20. I've come to realize that tonight I’m gonna continue to get a head start on my next grad course, just in case I come down with a minor case of procrastination in the future.

21. I've come to realize that tomorrow is...not to sound too cliché, but tomorrow isn’t promised to us so we better make the best of today.

22. I've come to realize that I really want to do something that elevates women of color, something that will help them be successful and lifted.

23. I've come to realize that the person who is most likely to respond to this is...Well, since I’m posting this in sections, I could be anyone. However, Tiff was the first to comment to the original, wink, wink.

24. I've come to realize that life is amazingly complicated but so rewarding and wonderful and exciting and gut-wrenching ALL AT THE SAME TIME!

25. I've come to realize that this weekend will be fun even if I miss the Grape Stomp and have to work.

26. I've come to realize that the music I listen to when I am upset always mellows me and opens my mind and heart. I have testimonies in the front seat of my Cobalt some times.

27. I've come to realize that my friends are AWESOMELY made and great asset to my life…they know me and still like me anyway.

28. I've come to realize that this year has been one of rebirth and renewing. Relationships were re-evaluated. Goals set and put into motion. Boundaries were set and my own self-worth was renewed. Love has been rediscovered in some of the unlikeliest places (and people). The best is yet to come…

29. I've come to realize that my ex...Is living in the mess his own worthlessness created.

30. I've come to realize that maybe I should get over myself, especially at work. The stupidity I encounter isn’t changing but my reaction to it can.

31. I've come to realize that I have to allow the messages I give to build those that receive them up.

32. I've come to realize that I don't understand stupid stuff—people or situations—no matter how hard I try to.

33. I've come to realize my past is just that. Progress is about moving forward, not lagging behind.

34. I've come to realize that I'm totally terrified of failure.

35. I've come to realize that my life is WONDERFULLY BLESSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment